[Kde-bindings] QComboBox use

Miquel ktalanet at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 31 09:03:16 UTC 2008

Hi there

I don't know if this is a good place to ask this but i'll do because I
am using the qtruby binding.

I'm developing a little application for home expenses (open source of
course) and I'm using QComboBox widgets. The thing is that I have
worked with other graphical toolkits and one of them allows the
possibility to select the items using its index, its text or its value
(when an item is added exists the possibility to define the shown text
an an associated value for it).

For example, you have a SQL Table which contains the european countries
with two columns, the first one is the id (integer) which is used as
Primary Key and the second one the country name (varchar). If you want
to show the data using a ComboBox, the text would be the country name
and the value would be the id.

Is there something similar using QComboBox?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

	Miquel