[Kde-bindings] QtRuby + Ruby 1.9 and the kross/qtruby crash

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Feb 25 02:10:12 UTC 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Hi
>
> As I suspect the kross/qtruby crash was caused by some problem deep in
> some interraction between ruby's vm and Qt and memory pointers (as the
> fact that it doesn't crash on an 64bits computer).

ah, that explains why I wasn't able to reproduce it at all using 1.8.

> So I decided to try ruby 1.9 (to get it build and running I had to patch
> QtRuby source and use the FindRUBY.cmake in attachement ). As far as I can
> see with Ruby 1.9 I don't get a crash with QtRuby and Kross on 32bits
> system. But unfortunately the connect function is also broken :(

The connect() of QtRuby or of Kross?

Also just ~2 days ago I found an issue within our handling of
VALUE RubyExtension::toVALUE(RubyExtension* extension)
and fixed it. There we always registered a deleter what may result in double
free's :-/ So, it could even possible that the problem is/was also related to
that issue though it's fixed now :)