[Kde-bindings] branches/work/kdebindings-smoke2/csharp

Thomas Moenicke tm at php-qt.org
Tue Feb 5 13:13:56 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Arno Rehn wrote:

> Am Dienstag 05 Februar 2008 13:45:52 schrieb Sebastian Sauer:
>> Arno Rehn wrote:

>>> As far as I know - yes.
>>
>> y, it is :)

>>> Yep, that'd be cool. Also the other bindings like phpqt would have
>>> some
>>> time to switch to modular smoke.
>>
>> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule
>> says that on March 31st we have Soft Feature Freeze.
>>
>> Can smoke1 and smoke2 be installed in parallel?
> Woot! Didn't expect it to be that early. At the moment the two smoke
> libs
> can't be run parallel, but it should be easy to do that. Though that
> might
> lead to some mess in version numbers or library names.
> But isn't phpqt still in playground, not even with a release? What
> other
> projects are there that use smoke?

at least the Qt part of it should be moved to trunk soon.

> We could keep the old smoke-lib somewhere, but I'd really appreciate
> it if we
> could get modular smoke into KDE 4.1 and if possible even Kimono.

I would really like to see an Akonadi module for the new smoke by
default. It is on the wish list of many people and mentioned by
Cornelius Schumacher in the kde-pim 4.1 plans:

"The long-term mission of Akonadi is to provide a cross-platform cross-
desktop
storage service for KDE PIM data. So it's not meant to be limited to
KDE.
APIs for other environments or other programming languages than C++
are very
welcome."

Any plans yet?