[Kde-bindings] branches/work/kdebindings-smoke2/csharp

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Feb 4 13:49:53 UTC 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 14:24:00 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> Arno Rehn wrote:

> >> I think you're doing some great stuff with splitting up smoke here! I
> >> sorry I'm not helping out much at the moment, but from what I see of
> >> your commits you don't look far off being able to promote the ruby and
> >> C# modular bindings to the trunk. That would be quite significant
> >> because we would then be in a position to autogenerate language bindings
> >> for a whole pile of KDE4 apis, in addition to the existing support for
> >> DBus.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > I think the modular smoke bindings are now in a good state to promote
> > them to the trunk. Qyoto, QScintilla-C#-bindings, QtRuby,
> > QScintilla-Ruby-bindings and Korundum now fully work. Mixing the
> > different modules also works fine. I haven't tried Kross or the
> > KRubyPluginFactory stuff yet, but from looking at the code I'd say it
> > should still work without any or only minor changes.
>
> re Kross; np, we still have some months left till the freez. In my eyes as
> soon as it's in trunk as easier it is to test it and fix possible problems
> :)
So is trunk for the KDE 4.1 release? That sounds good as it would give plenty
of time to get the modular stuff working with a few KDE plugin apis.

Any changes in trunk that weren't in the 4.0 branch would need to be promoted
to there. And any stuff that has been added to trunk since Arno branched for
modular smoke would need to be merged too.