[Kde-bindings] Python DataEngine problem

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sun Dec 28 15:12:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been starting to play with Plasma and Python (KDE 4.2 beta 2), and I've
been trying to create a simple DataEngine. I wonder if these should be
installed as packages, with plasmapkg, or with something else, because I can't
seem to get them to work in the engine explorer.

I always get these errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
43, in init
    self.module = __import__(self.plugin_name+'.main')
ImportError: No module named main
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
58, in sources
    return self.pydataengine.sources()
AttributeError: pydataengine
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
64, in sourceRequestEvent
    return self.pydataengine.sourceRequestEvent(name)
AttributeError: pydataengine

My main.py and metadata.desktop files are attached, but it must be noted that
this happens also with the sample DataEngine code present in SVN
(plasma_dataengine_pytime; exactly the same error).

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is there a bug?

I apologize in advance if the quality of the code is rather crude, I was just
trying an experiment.

Thanks!

P.S.: Please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed.