[Kde-bindings] Unhandled Exception in Qyoto Initialisation

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Dec 23 12:44:16 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 12:26:16 Arno Rehn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 23 December 2008 05:15:50 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, I'm a pillock who failed to notice DllNotFoundException :( Added my
> > > kdebindings lib directory to /etc/ld/so.conf and now get this:
> >
> > Problem solved - please ignore all my previous posts :) except for this:
> >
> > I had no libnepomukquery.so or libnepomukqueryclient.so, so had to create
> > them via softlink from libnepomukquery.so.4 and
> > libnepomukqueryclient.so.4. Thats probably a kubuntu packaging issue
> > though - should I report it to them? (https://bugs.launchpad.net)
>
> Mh, shouldn't the symlinks be installed with the -devel packages? Check if
> you have nepomuk-devel packages (or similar) installed and if they exist at
> all. If they don't contain the symlinks, this is a packaging issue and
> should be reported to (k)ubuntu, I think.
No the problem is that some of the nepomuk libs are in kdelibs and some in
kdebase (nepomukquery). So if we want people to be able to build kdebindings
before kdebase then we should not build the nepomuk smoke lib by default, or
split it into two smoke libs one for the kdelibs nepomuk and the other for the
kdebase nepomuk query one.

The isn't any cmake FindNepomukQuery file either, that would be useful.