[Kde-bindings] Building from source

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:50:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:29:00 am Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:47:23 am Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>

> - At the end of the build (cmakekde) it tried to install the mono assembles
> into the system gac which failed because I ran it as a normal user. I reran
> it as root but obviously that's not ideal - is there a better way?

Ok, I figured out that cmake just generates the Makefile, the cmakekde script
recommended by http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4 includes a
"make && make install" which doesn't seem a good idea to me :(

So done a clean make and make install which completed fine but I'm getting
problems with running against the libs - will detail in a new thread.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album