[Kde-bindings] C# Qyoto and Kimono Libs

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Dec 21 21:04:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

They're called qt-dotnet and kde-dotnet. There are also other assemblies for
other bindings, like plasma-dll for the plasma ones and qtuitools for the Qt
UI Tools Module.
All the Qt classes are in the namespace Qyoto, the KDE ones in Kimono. The C++
namespaces are the same in C#, so KIO stays KIO and Plasma stays Plasma.
Otherwise the API is pretty much the same as in C++. Q_PROPERTYs are converted
to .NET properties and all methods start with a capital letter - otherwise the
API is identical. We have some examples in the sources - they should explain
most of it.
We really need to have some docs for the C# bindings.. Seems like more and
more people are getting interested in them =)

arno at arnorehn.de