[Kde-bindings] Containers passed by reference

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Thu Dec 18 15:04:15 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 20:23:04 David Palacio wrote:
> >* When an overriden virtual method with a non-const QVector/QList argument
> >  was called, such as Generator.openDocument() in Okular, the Ruby values
> >  in the Ruby Array were not being converted back to the values in the
> >  C++ list after the method call.
>
> With the latest commit it is not fixed for me. It never enters the new
> conditional block. Did the script work for you?
No for some reason the plugin isn't working for me as the keyword argument
passed to KRubyPluginFactory::create() is empty. I can't see anything wrong
with the .desktop file that it uses and so I'm not sure what is happening.

irb_kapp(1388) KStandardDirs::findResourceDir: filename for type  data  in
KStandardDirs::findResourceDir is not supposed to be empty!!
irb_kapp(1388) KRubyPluginFactory::create: Ruby script "" missing
irb_kapp(1388)/kdecore (KMimeType) KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing
"/usr/share/mime/magic"
irb_kapp(1388)/kdecore (KMimeType) KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing
"/opt/kde4/share/mime/magic"
irb_kapp(1388)/kdecore (trader) KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for mimeType
"application/zip" ,  "okular/Generator"  : returning  1  offers
ASSERT failure in Document::load(): "null generator?!", file
/home/rdale/kde/src/4/kdegraphics/okular/core/document.cpp, line 627
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = okularpart.rb path = <unknown> pid = 1388
sock_file=/home/rdale/.kde/socket-mardigras/kdeinit4__0

With your problem have you done a 'make clean' in the ruby okular extension
directory and rebuilt and re-installed it? The marshaller is template based in
a header and so just rebuilding qtruby itself wouldn't make the okular
extension use the new code.