[Kde-bindings] qtruby build + compile patches

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Fri Dec 12 17:17:28 UTC 2008

Hello,

Attached is a patch doing the following:

 * Replace remaining ->len/->ptr constructs with _LEN/_PTR
 * Add {RSTRING,RARRAY}_LEN/_PTR compatibility defines needed for Ruby < 1.8.6
 * Wrap Ruby Plasma build in the usual if(ENABLE_PLASMA_RUBY) block instead
   of building it unconditionally (default to ON, no change in default
   behavior)
 * Add missing 'set (*_ENABLED "no")' directives in ruby/CMakeLists.txt
 * Simplify build instructions for Qt-only version of Qtruby by
   specifying command line options instead of having to modify files
   under SVN

Note:
  I've successfully tested the bindings build containing the recent patches
  and the attached patch, and ran test examples on 1.8.{5,6,7}, 1.9.0 and
  1.9.1preview.

  The 1.9.x series still requires some additional patches as we
  discussed; they'll follow in a few days when I manage to come up
  with something working on both 1.8 and 1.9.

Rgds,
-doc