[Kde-bindings] Python Qt4 Newbie

Ruben Fonseca rf at 7syntax.com
Wed Aug 20 15:08:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm having a problem developing my first Python Qt4 app and I thought
you could help me.

I have a bunch of buttons that I want to watch for the "clicked()"
signal.

Since the handling is the same for all buttons I decided to write
something like this

----------
for button in [self.button_1, self.button_2, ..., self.button_0]:
   QtCore.QObject.connect(button, QtCore.SIGNAL('clicked()'), lambda:
self.button_clicked(button))

def button_clicked(self, number):
   print "Received a signal from %s" % number.objectName()

However, every time I click on a button I got on the console

"Received a signal from button_0"

regardless the button I click... So I'm guessing something's wrong with
my lambda function.

What's the best way of solving this particular problem in Python?

Thank you for you support
Ruben Fonseca