[Kde-bindings] glibc realloc error with QTableView::setRootIndex in PerlQt4

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Aug 15 10:36:06 UTC 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 10:38:01 Chris Burel wrote:
> I forgot to add I'm using what might be a rather older version of
> kdebindings, 832081.  But it looked like there's some large changes that
> happened recently that affected the way smoke->binding was accessed.  Am I
> wrong about that?  Should I try an update and see?
Yes, there was a change to the smoke->binding callbacks to allow both Ruby and
C# based smoke bindings to be run in the same process. You will need to
change the PerlQt bindings code to work with it, although the changes aren't
large. If you attempt to compile against the new smoke lib and then see how
the things that don't compile in were changed in QtRuby it should be possible
to work it out.

> On a side note, is the qt build backwards compatible?  When I compiled it
> at work with revision 832081 and Qt-4.3.4, I had to manually remove a
> #include qsslconfiguration line from x_14.cpp (I think it was that one).
> Granted, I was already kind of hacking it together, because the machine I
> was on didn't have a new enough version of dbus to build QtDBus, which it
> doesn't look like smoke/kdebindings really supports...
We special cased that particular header in the kalyptus code generation to
make it work, and it should be fixed in the version in the KDE svn trunk.