[Kde-bindings] Runtime error with libsmokeqt

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Aug 4 11:30:44 UTC 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008 01:57:21 Chris Burel wrote:
> I used the CMakeLists.txt.qtruby file to "build a Qt only version of
> QtRuby."  But when I try to run the Hello World example included in the
> readme, I get this:
>
> qtruby4.so: libqtruby4shared.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory - /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-linux/qtruby4.so (LoadError)
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-linux/Qt.rb:1
>         from ./hello:3:in `require'
>         from ./hello:3
>
> I've also got a c++ program that links to libsmokeqt.so.2, and it doesn't
> run either:
> ./helloqt4: symbol lookup error: libsmokeqt.so.2: undefined symbol:
> _ZN18QCommandLinkButton11qt_metacastEPKc
Make sure you do a 'make clean' and 'make' in your smoke/qt directory to
regenerate the bindings against your current headers. I have a
QCommandLinkButton class in my version of Qt 4.4 from the qt-copy sources in
the KDE svn.

> There were no problems compiling.  Is there something else I need to link
> to?
>
> >ldd libsmokeqt.so.2
There were big changes to QtRuby for the KDE 4.1 release and in the current
trunk (the 'modular smoke' changes). I haven't had time to try and build a Qt
only QtRuby release yet, and so I think you're on of the first to try it. We
will probably need to update the kdebindings/CMakeLists.txt file. Although
KDE 4.1 has come out, I don't think QtRuby is quite ready for a new release
yet. But certainly debugging the Qt-only build is something worth doing.