[Kde-bindings] Pre-approved Languages

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Apr 30 10:51:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 08:42:31 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Forwarding to kde-bindings, since they are the people who know better about
> this.
>
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 April 2008 18:34:29 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > of course, if bindings ever get made for another module we're going to
> > > be in this same boat again aren't we? i wonder if later on it might
> > > make sense to split up kdebindings into modules that reflect the KDE/
> > > modules ... so kdebindings-libs, kdebindings-base, kdebindings-pim ...
> > >
> > > i assume this would be a major pain for the bindings teams, but would
> > > it be feasible? if so, when would be a realistic time frame for such a
> > > modification?
> >
> > Or, maybe each current module can have a bindings subdir?
> > i.e. kdelibs/bindings, kdebase/bindings, kdepimlibs/bindings, ...?
The second suggestion seems sensible to me, with subdirs for each language
like kdelibs/bindings/python etc. Having a whole new set of modules in
parallel with the existing libs just seems to complicate things. But I don't
know enough about this discussion to know what problem we're trying to solve.