[Kde-bindings] Replacing kalyptus

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Oct 3 16:10:31 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch 03 Oktober 2007 17:45:45 schrieb Paolo Capriotti:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007 17:15:22 Arno Rehn wrote:
> > I've quickly looked through moc's code and hacked it a bit here and there
> > and the results look promising, so what do you think?
>
> I suggest you to take a look at gccxml. Mauro Iazzi is successfully using
> it for the binding generator on which lqt is based.
> A big advantage with respect to moc is that it parses arbitrary C++ code
> (IIRC it works as a gcc backend).
I've already done that, but besides the output being quite difficult to read I
don't see how we can differ between a signal, a slot or a ordinary method.
Further it doesn't parse the Qt headers for me, it always exits with a syntax
error detected.
Anyway, I'll ask Mauro how he uses it. Thanks for the tip.

arno at arnorehn.de