[Kde-bindings] Replacing kalyptus

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Oct 3 15:15:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

Since it's pretty obvious that kalyptus is merely maintainable and writing
exetension pretty difficult I suggest to replace it.
I found that Qt's moc is pretty good at parsing C++ and Qt Code, so we
could 'misuse' it to generate a XML representation of the class, with all
it's methods, signals and slots. XML can be parsed with nearly every
language, so it should be fairly easy to write binding generators with it.

I've quickly looked through moc's code and hacked it a bit here and there and
the results look promising, so what do you think?

arno at arnorehn.de