[Kde-bindings] Questions About the New Schedule

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Oct 1 14:55:40 UTC 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday, 1. October 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > According to that, it has not build in almost 2 and a half months.
> >
> > Hum right I have disabled plasma, maybe it should be disabled by default.
> > CCing kde-bindings.
>
> I have it disabled as well. in fact I only try to build the smoke-qt
> bindings. but the qtguess configury (whatever it is good for) runs twice,
> and 2nd time it fails completely, aborting the build.
>
> I've mailed the log already to Richard Dale and I already disabled the
> smoke-kde bindings (which couldn't be build at all due to a desynchronized
> copy of qtguess.pl.in), but no result so far.
Well it all built for me until Dirk changed the smoke/kde/qtguess.pl.cmake
file. I think the problem is that the FindQt4 cmake file used by the smoke/qt
build sets up a macro called QT_LIBRARIES, but the version of FindQt4 in KDE
doesn't set that up. So we do need different qtguess.pl.cmake files for
smoke/qt, and for smoke/kde (and smoke/plasma).

I find these perl scripts largely unmaintainable and they should all be
removed and cmake-only tests used. The Qt build options for building KDE need
to be pretty much complete, and we should only need to test for which we are
on a Mac, Windows or Linux type build env for the window styles QT_ defines.