[Kde-bindings] QtRuby crashes

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Nov 7 11:27:42 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Richard Dale wrote:
> I've had a problem with the plasma ruby bindings in that after a while
> virtual method or slot callbacks fail with what looks like a memory
> corruption problem.
I am investigating a similar problem with Kross + QtRuby.

I have replaced in VirtualMethodCall::callMethod() , the rb_funcall2 with a
rb_rescue2 to catch the exception (I can give you a patch if you want, but
it's pretty messed up with a lot of debug call). And the exception I get
is "SystemStackError: stack level too deep".

So I am currently try to track the error inside ruby VM, and as far as I can
see, at some point the length of the stack become negative, which seems to
confirm some sort of random memory corruption.

--
Cyrille Berger