[Kde-bindings] sending an email using korundum and dcop

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Tue Nov 6 02:50:26 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007 17:34:23 Caleb Tennis wrote:
> > So, how do I get korundum to call the correct dcop function?
>
> Here's a snippet of what I did in an old app.  It might help.
>

> @dcopclient = KDE::DCOPClient.new
> @dcopclient.attach
> @dcopclient.registerAs("fuel_state")
>

> @dcop = KDE::DCOPRef.new("gina","MessageHandlerBase")
> @dcop.setDCOPClient(@dcopclient)
>

> @dcop.call("TriggerESTOPTimer(QString,unsigned int)","cuty_writer",
> secs)

Thanks. It helps, but doesn't seem to solve my problem. If I try to call a
dcop function that takes only a string or no arguments, it works. If the
function takes a boolean or any other non string argument. I get errors. I
tried various functions kontact, kmail, klipper, kopete and konqueror.

-- chris