[Kde-bindings] sending an email using korundum and dcop

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Mon Nov 5 21:41:57 UTC 2007

Hello:

I am trying to use dcop to send an email message from within my ruby app. The
dcop function I am trying to call is:

kontact MailTransportServiceIface sendMessage

My test app is below. Depending on what I pass as the last argument, I get
either core dumps or stack overflows. I understand why I get the stack
overflow error: The two sendMessage calls take the same number of parameters
and only differ in the last parameter: The way the attachment is passed. In
my case I don't have any attachments that I want to send so I am attempting
to send nil. I have tried to make the dcop call two ways. The first is as
below. The second is using DCOPRef.send(). If I use send() I get the kcrash
handler showing up.

require 'korundum'

about = KDE::AboutData.new("test", "test", "0.1")
KDE::CmdLineArgs.init(ARGV, about)

kapp = KDE::Application.new()
dcopref = KDE::DCOPRef.new("kontact", "MailTransportServiceIface")

dcopref.sendMessage("frob at flug.com", "fakeaddress at does_not_exist_domain.com",
nil, nil, "test dcop message", "body of message",[])

So, how do I get korundum to call the correct dcop function?

- KDE 3.5.8
- ruby 1.8.6
- korundum 3.5.7
- kubuntu 7.10