[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/csharp/qyoto

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri May 18 15:09:38 UTC 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Am Freitag, 18. Mai 2007 schrieb Richard Dale:
> > On Friday 18 May 2007, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > > SVN commit 665951 by arnorehn:
> > >
> > > * Made 'ref' arguments work.
> >
> > Oh, I wasn't going to implement them like this. It should be just a
> > matter of adding marshallers for the various ref types, and copying a
> > pointer to the item on the C# stack to the smoke stack like
> > Marshall::ToObject below: [...]
>
> Ah, I see. I didn't think about this possibility. Shall we change that
> again or keep it as it is?
Well I haven't looked closely at exactly what you've done, but if it only does
the same as the simple approach I describe above, I think it would be better
to change it to work the simpler way. The code in PerlQt was designed from
the start to work with ref types, but primitive types in ruby are immutable
and there is no equivalent to the 'ref' arg type in C#, and so it isn't
implemented very well as it could be in QtRuby.