[Kde-bindings] Few questions on Qyoto TODO list, again

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Mar 25 17:45:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

again I have a few questions on the TODO list of Qyoto:

* Implement QTableModel and QListModel as subclasses of
QAbstractTableModel. Special case the RowCount(), ColumnCount(),
Data(), SetData(), Flags(), InsertRows(), InsertColumns(),
RemoveRows() and RemoveColumns() methods. These classes can't be
created from C# code, and only need dummy constructors with a Type
arg so CreateInstance() can use it to create C# wrapper instances.

 - What is the use of these two extra classes? They don't exist in
the 'original' Qt API either, so why would we want to implement these? We
could use QStandardItemModel as well, it would support everything needed, I
think.

* Write a tool in C# to introspect on the Smoke library like rbqtapi.

 - Should this tool only support the types and methods implemented in Qyoto or
all the types in the Smoke library?

* Write a dbusxml2cs tool based on the C++ one

 - This is somewhat difficult, because it makes use of private headers of Qt.
These headers aren't installed, so we would have to copy the needed things
out of the files into dbusxml2cs. That would make maintaining of the code
hard, though, as the private headers are changed quite often.
Easiest would be to completely rewrite/port it to whatever language, obvious
would be C#, of course.

arno at arnorehn.de