[Kde-bindings] Kickertip

Thibauld Favre tfavre at rift.fr
Mon Mar 19 12:42:25 UTC 2007

Thanks for your advice. Actually, I'm already using KDE::SystemTray to have my
application reside in kicker's tray. If I'd like to use kickertip, it's to be
able to produce beautiful notification messages like this one :
http://photos9.flickr.com/17195567_48d36f9c04.jpg
Instead of notification messages like this one :
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/kpassivepopup.png
Both are ok from a functionnal point of view (even if kickertip offers a
little bit more functionnalities) but kickertip is definitely more
beautiful ! Kpassivepopup gives you the ability to choose between several
appearance for your popup, but none is close to the beauty of a kickertip.

Unfortunately, from what you're telling me, I guess I'll have to continue
using my "ugly" kpassivepopup ;)

Thibauld

RIFT Technologies - http://www.rift.fr