[Kde-bindings] qtruby works!

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:25:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> I can now report that the cmake'd version of qtruby builds for me on
> both OS X and Linux with just minor tweaks to help cmake find Perl.
> This is fantastic.
Yes, agreed! Count me in as a cmake fan.. What did you do about the name
of 'qtruby4.so' on Mac OS X - I needed to call it 'qtruby4.bundle' before it
would work on Tiger with the standard installed ruby? I thought we need to
install a symlink as 'qtruby4.bundle' pointing to 'qtruby4.so'.

> Dare I try it on windows?  I'm not sure I even know where to begin.
Yes, if it builds as easily as Mac OS X that would be really great. I'm
certainly keen to try it ASAP, and I think we still have a Windows machine at
work here. Then see what's involved in doing a binary gem - I've been meaning
to find out how to do that for ages.