[Kde-bindings] Qyoto release

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Jun 22 09:42:04 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007, David Canar wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Richard Dale <rdale at foton.es> wrote:
> > I think we should do a Qyoto release now. I've added a
> > kdebindings/CMakeLists.txt.qyoto file with instructions for how to build
> > a Qt-only version of Qyoto. So if we can put a tarball on David Canar's
> > website and then do an announcement on KDE Dot News tomorrow. I can make
> > a tarball and put it somewhere public if that is easier.
> >
> > I've also just released a new QtRuby 1.4.9, and also we can announce
> > Thomas Moenicke Qt/PHP bindings project too, to make a more interesting
> > story.
> >
> > -- Richard
>
> That sounds great! Do you have the tarball ready or I could prepare
> one too. I think a version for Macs and Windows would be great too.
> Does anybody know how hard would it to have those versions working? I
> read something that Richard got Qyoto running on a Mac but I haven't
> test it. I tried to do it on Windows without success. Any thoughts?
I haven't done a tarball yet, but if you did one it would test the build
instructions in kdebindings/CMakeLists.txt.qyoto which might be a good idea.
I would call in qt4-qyoto-1.0.0.tgz to follow to same naming convention as
qtruby - does that sound ok? It should look much like qt4-qtruby-1.4.9.tgz
here:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/

For qtruby, I made a small change to FindQt4.cmake which I think has been
commited in kdelibs now.