[Kde-bindings] Help with loading an image from a URL

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Jun 6 16:30:42 UTC 2007

Quoting Chris Gow <sniffy at rogers.com>:

> Ok its working correctly, but is this the correct way to load an image from
> a remote resource or is there an easier way?

There is an easier way :-)

You can use KIO. It is explained in Larrosa's KDE tutorial which was
translated to Ruby and is available at
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/kde3tutorial/index.html.

lthough chapter 11, which is the one dealing with what you want to do,
has not been translated to Ruby yet, it shouldn't be difficult to
understand:
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/visualtutorial/chapter11.html

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles