[Kde-bindings] A Qyoto pre-release

David Canar davidcanar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:53:15 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Arno Rehn <arno at arnorehn.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2007 schrieb Richard Dale:
> > Hi David
> >
> > On Friday 01 June 2007, David Canar wrote:
> > > I have created a pre-release package with the latest version of SMOKE and
> > > qyoto: www.qyoto.org (download section) Qyoto is working great! thanks
> > > Richard and Arno and all those who contributed!!
> >
> > OK good news. I think the problem with 'int&' arg types that we're
> > discussing at the moment is a bit of a show stopper, but doing a practice
> > package is certainly a good idea while we get it fixed.
> Well, the issue is solved now I think and so we can soon do the real release.
> But first I'd like to strong name qt-dotnet.dll so it can be installed into
> the GAC. Also it would be nice if all the sources are generated from the Qt
> headers. Generating the sources from the headers already works nice as far as
> I know, but when I tried it last time, I ended up with a lot of unnecessary
> files. I'd say we need to tweak the headers list then or add another file in
> which it says which files are actually used.
> Further I would suggest to split up the SMOKE and the Qyoto part. I'd do the
> same for QtRuby. There are now more than three projects that make use of
> SMOKE, so it's unnecessary that every project compiles the library again.

Good! I didn't follow the int& arg issue so I didn't know qyoto was
broken but it is good to hear that it works now.
I haven't had any problems with the generation of the sources from the
headers are you talking about the process that a perl script does at
the moment smoke gets compiled?
I'll prepare another "pre-release" package with these things in mind.
Do any of you know how the private key is handled in an open source
project? how the mono guys strong sign their assemblies? I know it is
very simple to strong sign an assembly but I don't know how "private"
a private key should be in an open source project. Any ideas?
David