[Kde-bindings] Splitting up the SMOKE library

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Jul 15 11:56:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just thought about splitting the SMOKE libraries, so that SmokeKDE would
only contain the KDE classes, SmokeQsci only QScintilla classes etc., because
at the moment it is rather ugly that we need to have all the Qt classes again
in SmokeKDE and can't split Qwt and QScintilla from SmokeQt.
In theory it is quite simple and I think I have something like a concept.
However it would require one or more changes in the API of Smoke, so we also
would have to update the sources of all the bindings that depend on Smoke.
The one change that will probably affect most parts of the bindings is that
I'd plan to make Smoke::Index a struct that looks like

struct Index {
	short index;
	Smoke *smoke;
};

What do you think of splitting up Smoke? If you want to, I can give more
details on what I would do to split it up and make it work correctly.

arno at arnorehn.de