[Kde-bindings] first step of QT4 binding for Perl5
dongxu.ma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:22:48 UTC 2007
some information. I wrote a tool to extract all proto/typedef/enum/class
from all QT cpp headers.
Yesterday it passed all files in v 4.2.2 release.
This is the first step I am thinking about to make a new PerlQT binding.
the procedue in my mind is:
1) grab all required information directly from cpp headers and store them as
YAML format as per
2) define an interface policy to determine which one to export and which one
not; or possibly arrange
an abstract API layer to wrap some interface changes;
3) manally write a typedef for all involved type/class(s);
4) generate stubs;
5) compile and link.
the idea is still rough. At this moment, I would like to discuss with you
all, try to get other ideas.
just check out from https://dongxu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/PerlQT
The grammar is based on a famous parse module in Perl world -
from a formal compiler, it behaves a little bit fuzzy. Hope it works on
other release, since
I am not very sure I've got all QT-specific macros.
and coffee, it will walk through nearly over 700 files
1) currently there is no proper parse result, I just print debug info into
each YAML file,
just check the content in each of them;
2) unfortunately it only works on linux, GNU make and perl are required;
pls pls feel free to give your idea/opinion on this tool, I do need some
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kde-bindings