[Kde-bindings] qyoto packaging

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Dec 4 21:48:19 UTC 2007

Am Montag 03 Dezember 2007 18:22:50 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> Qyoto packages are available in Kubuntu 7.10 and I've done some
> updates in our development version (hardy).  Things are working
> nicely.  Some comments:
>
> Why do the examples compile to files with an extension of .monoexe?
> Surely these are just .exe files?  I confuses the debhelper packaging
> tools somewhat.
That's because of cmake. CMake doesn't seem to like files with a .exe
extension, at least not if they're not compiled by a C/C++ compiler. I
haven't found out why, but it won't work if you give the output files an .exe
extension.

> Why is the library qt-dotnet.dll?  Since the package name is Qyoto it
> would make sense to use that name consistently.
If you compile it on windows, you would get two times a qyoto.dll - once a
real C/C++ DLL, once the .NET one.

> libqyoto.so shouldn't be in /usr/lib since it is only used internally
> by qt-dotnet.dll and is not a public API.  It can be installed to the
> same directory as qt-dotnet.dll and a qt-dotnet.dll.config file used
> to find it.
We could do that, but then we would have to put qt-dotnet.dll outside the gac,
as it's not nice to have shared libraries and .NET dlls in the same GAC
directory.
I've thought about pkg-config, too, but to make it work it was enough to just
put it in the gac and that was it.
But as you suggested, a seperate directory with the .dll's and .so's might be
a good idea together with pkg-config.