[Kde-bindings] Qyoto Custom Signal Arguments

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Sep 1 20:50:05 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 25. August 2006 19:49 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Thursday 24 August 2006 20:26, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > >
> > > The code to emit signals used to work, and so if it's now stopped it
> > > problably is only something minor, and it's a matter of tracing the
> > > code through the above steps to see where it goes wrong.
> >
> > Everything goes right, and exactly that is the thing that makes me
> > curious. The call comes to emitSignal() in the class EmitSignal, the loop
> > goes right and _qobj->activate() is called. The signal is emitted, but
> > all arguments are 0.
> > If I print the contents of, e.g.  s_int, I get a result, so the arguments
> > are passed to the class. But it seems as they are not correctly
> > "processed" by activate().
>
> I think it used to work with existing C++ signals, so I would try
> subclassing a QPushButton and emitting an existing signal like 'clicked()'
> that doesn't have any parameters to start off with. If it works with
> existing signals, but not custom ones it would mean that the QMetaObject
> wasn't being created correctly.
OK, just tried it out. It doesn't work with existing signals either. I
attached the code of my test app. The code is quite self explaining I think.
It should print "MyTestApp 5" on startup. Instead I get "MyTestApp 0". So the
signal is emitted, but the parameters don't get passed correctly.
Any ideas?

arno at arnorehn.de