[Kde-bindings] Using smoke with ffi to C

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 17:29:19 UTC 2006

Hi all,

How can I use smoke to create bindings for Qt/KDE if the language ffi
I'm using only accesses C correctly?

The example
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/lateral/weblog/2005/12/16.html

uses C++.
I've also downloaded QtRuby but this one was just to see if it would
clarify how smoke works... but still since I don't understand ruby I
was not really able to understand what architecture they are using to
create the bindings. Correct me if I'm wrong: In QtRuby they create a
C++ extension to the Ruby compiler to call smoke and then use it in
ruby to create the bindings. Is it?

Regards,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm