[Kde-bindings] Qt signal return values

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Thu Oct 5 16:11:20 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 17:03, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still don't quite get it why a signal should be able to return a value. I
> haven't found anything in the Qt examples and demos for D-Bus. Can someone
> give me an example, when it is necessary for a signal to return a value? It
> doesn't make any sense to me. A slot is logical, but a signal...
No I can't see the signal itself would return anything, it would return
whatever the slot connected to it returns. Or if it's connected to several
slots it would return the value from the last slot invoked.

We don't need much to get DBus to work now you've added slot return values.
Just implement the Q_CLASSINFO and Q_SCRIPTABLE attributes, and put the
values from them in the QMetaObject data when it is constructed.