[Kde-bindings] more work on the TODO

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon May 29 12:32:42 UTC 2006

Am Montag, 29. Mai 2006 13:54 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 03:06, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> > >
> > > Great!
> > >
> > > Just one little thing: in QObject.cs there is one mistake that one
> > > Connect() method does not return a value.
> >
> > Oops, that was just an experiment, I didn't mean to include it in the
> > patch, sorry: just revert that change to the current revision in svn.
>
> I can't seem to get the patch to work - am I doing something obviously
> wrong in applying it? It finds qyoto.cpp ok, but not the others in the
> qyoto dir.
>
> -- Richard
>
> baldhead duke 505% patch --dry-run < signalslot.diff
> can't find file to patch at input line 5
> Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:

patch -p0 < signalslot.diff
This should work.

From the man page:
       -pnum  or  --strip=num
          Strip the smallest prefix containing num leading slashes  from  each
          file  name found in the patch file.  A sequence of one or more adja-
          cent slashes is counted as a single slash.  This controls  how  file
          names  found  in  the  patch file are treated, in case you keep your
          files in a different directory than the  person  who  sent  out  the
          patch.  For example, supposing the file name in the patch file was

             /u/howard/src/blurfl/blurfl.c

          setting -p0 gives the entire file name unmodified, -p1 gives

             u/howard/src/blurfl/blurfl.c

          without the leading slash, -p4 gives

             blurfl/blurfl.c

          and  not specifying -p at all just gives you blurfl.c.  Whatever you
          end up with is looked for either in the current  directory,  or  the
          directory specified by the -d option.

The important part is the last one, when you don't specify -p at all it gives
the names qyoto.cpp, Qyoto.cs, QObject.cs. The first file is found in the
current directory; but the other two are not because the leading 'qyoto/' is
stripped off.

--
MfG
Arno Rehn