[Kde-bindings] Qyoto TODO

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Fri May 26 16:46:26 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Arno Rehn <kde-bindings at arnorehn.de> wrote:
> I've just done some of the parts in the TODO, but first there is a problem
> with the new way to set up Q_EMIT:
> In the line 'Q_EMIT = (IQWidgetSignals) realProxy.GetTransparentProxy();'
> there is a cast to 'IQWidgetSignals' from the 'standard' proxy. If you want
> everything in the Dummy-constructor, this cast has to be dynamic because we
> get the type of the interface at runtime. But I don't know, whether it is
> possible in C# to cast to another type only with the inforamtion of a
> System.Type.

This thought as occurred to me, too, but examining it more carefully,
I came to the conclusion that casting has only to do with variables,
and not with objects. Runtime casting simply has no meaning, because
casting doesn't change the object, but only its type as known to the
compiler.
Indeed, since Q_EMIT is of type object in QObject, no casting is needed at all.

Paolo