[Kde-bindings] compiling kdebindings trunk

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 24 15:57:05 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 16:41, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> I'm having troubles compiling kdebindings from svn.
> I checked out svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebindings and
> after unsermake -f Makefile.cvs
> I get the following output:
>
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> /home/kdesvn/unsermake/unsermake -f admin/Makefile.common cvs
> /usr/bin/autoconf2.50: line 486: echo: write error: Broken pipe
> *** YOU'RE USING UNSERMAKE 0.4.
> *** Creating acinclude.m4
> *** Creating list of subdirectories
> *** Creating Makefile.am
> *** Creating configure.files
> *** Creating configure.in
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> *** Creating configure
> configure.in:384: warning: KDE_CHECK_JAVA_DIR is m4_require'd but not
> m4_defun'd configure.in:263: KDE_CHECK_JAVA is expanded from...
> configure.in:384: the top level
> configure.in:415: warning: KDE_CHECK_JAVA_DIR is m4_require'd but not
> m4_defun'd configure.in:415: the top level
> configure.in:454: warning: KDE_CHECK_JAVA_DIR is m4_require'd but not
> m4_defun'd configure.in:454: the top level
> configure.in:43: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.in:48: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
> configure.in:51: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_COMPILERS
> configure.in:52: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
> configure.in:53: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC
> configure.in:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_KDE_WITH_NLS
> configure.in:61: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_KDE
> configure.in:172: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB
> configure.in:173: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GTK
> configure.in:414: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_GCJ
> configure.in:493: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> configure.in:517: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_HAVE_GL
> configure.in:640: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_FIND_FILE
> configure.in:659: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
> Error creating cvs. Exit status 1.
> Error creating all. Exit status 1.
>
> Any hints?
There's no point in doing much with KDE bindings until the KDE 4 api has
stabilised - it only makes sense to work on the Qt4 part at the moment. As
far as I know the only parts of trunk kdebindings that are being actively
developed at the moment are qtruby, kalyptus, and smoke/qt.

Trolltech are supposed to be working on Java bindings for Qt4, and we'll have
to wait and see if anyone will develop a superset of them for KDE 4. I was
intending to rewrite the current Java bindings for KDE 4 anyway, so the best
thing would probably be to retire the the current ones from the trunk.