[Kde-bindings] playground/bindings/kimono

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:55:56 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Richard Dale <Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> [Q_SLOT]
> int FooBar(QWidget arg) {
> }
>
> Would be a 'int fooBar(QWidget)' in C++, with just the method name lowercased
> (although that isn't strictly necessary and slot names can start with a upper
> case letter).

Such a slot would be a 'int fooBar(const QWidget&)'.

> What type of thing is 'test' here?
>
> mytest.Clicked += test;
>
> I don't quite see where it comes from.

Here it is:
> >               public void test() {
> >                       Console.WriteLine("************ IT WORKS **************");
> >               }

It is a method. The fact that it is marked with a Q_SLOT attribute is
irrelevant.

> I like the look of being able to do something like 'btn.Clicked += delegate()
> { Console.WriteLine("Hello world"); }', but rather than have a proxy temporay
> object I'd prefer we did it be generating a changed QMetaObject on the fly if
> that was possible. And just using ordinary QObject::connect() calls
> underneath.

I don't think it's possible. My question is: why don't you like this
approach? What's wrong with having a temporary object dispatch a
generic delegate invocation?

> How long is it before the .NET 2.0 version of mono is released? The various
> types of ArrayLists could also be done with generics to look more like the
> C++ originals.

As far as I know, it is released. The compiler for the 2.0 version is
included in the mono package, and called gmcs, and the runtime works
with 2.0 assemblies as well.

Paolo