[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/qtruby

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 08:55:24 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 00:19, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Richard Dale wrote:
> >* Added support for q_classinfo() attributes, equivalent to the c++
> >  Q_CLASSINFO() macro. If the key of the q_classinfo is 'D-Bus
> > Interface' the slots in the class are marked as Q_SCRIPTABLE in the
> > QMetaObject. For example:
> >
> >        class LCDRange < Qt::Widget
> >                q_classinfo('D-Bus Interface', 'MyInterface')
> >                signals 'valueChanged(int)'
> >                slots 'setValue(int)'
>
> Isn't it possible to especially mark the signal or slot with
> a "scriptable" attribute? This is what the attribute is for in C++.
Yes, I'll try and include that. At the moment the 'slots' and 'signals'
methods take a list of C++ method signatures (or optionally Ruby symbols),
and it isn't easy to extend that to include a Q_SCRIPTABLE attribute. I'm
working on a more 'rubyish' way of defining slots and signals without needing
to see C++ types, where each signal or slot is declared with a 'q_signal'
or 'q_slot' method, and it will be easier to add some way to
indicate 'scriptability' with those.