[Kde-bindings] kalyptus and preprocessor symbols

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:57:03 UTC 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 00:35, Thomas Moenicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> #ifdef QT_KEYPAD_NAVIGATION
>     static void setKeypadNavigationEnabled(bool);
>     static bool keypadNavigationEnabled();
> #endif
>
> Kalyptus reads these method definitions and generates the code but
> compilation fails with an 'is not a member of ...' error if the symbol
> QT_KEYPAD_NAVIGATION isn't defined.
>
> Is there a way to access information about these symbols in the AST?
I think we'd have to add a config test in qtguess.pl.in to detect
whether or not Qt had been built with that option. Then maybe another
test in smoke/qt/configure.in.in to add an option
'--enable-keypad-nav=yes' to the configure command, which would add a
suitable '-DQT_KEYPAD_NAVIGATION' option to the Smoke library compile
command.

In my version of Qt built from the current trunk/qt-copy it doesn't
have those methods in it, and my Smoke lib doesn't get generated with
them.