[Kde-bindings] Again Qyoto

Arno Rehn kde-bindings at arnorehn.de
Fri Jan 6 18:06:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

first: It's really cool that virtual methods are working now.
But there are still some problems:
1. I wanted to test the virtual functions, while testing I recognizted
QSyntaxHighlighter is the constructor. Ther should be somthing like
QSyntaxHighlighter(QTextEdit textEdit).
2. Only strings as 'non-primitive' return types seem to work. When I try to
use 'QMainWindow.StatusBar()' I get an error that GCHandle cannot be zero.

3. Not really a problem, but a tip: When generating the bindings with
Kalyptus, I think it would be better to keep the namespaces. I played a bit
with smoke + kimono and there would be a problem, when you create additional
bindings, e.g. for KTextEditor. There would be two 'Document'-classes for
example, one from DOM and one from KTextEditor.

But besides this, the bindings are really great and make fast progress :)

arno at arnorehn.de