[Kde-bindings] Strange DCOP messages with Korundum apps?

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Sat Feb 11 12:31:01 UTC 2006

Hi,
this is something strange that's happening to me lately.. until about 10 days
ago, Korundum apps (like kaskpass, KDigest and JulTagger) worked all fine and
without problems.
Yesterday I had time to resume work on JulTagger, and I got a strange output
when starting it:

ScimInputContextPlugin()
QMultiInputContext::changeInputMethod(): index=0, slave=scim
jultagger: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
jultaggerui.rc
kio_file: WARNING: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalog. Fix the program
kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /home/flame/.DCOPserver_enterprise__0
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------

KDE Daemon (kded) already running.
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca

and then a lot of stuff from kbuildsycoca.

(the missing .rc file never stopped jultagger from working)

I'm not sure what the cause of this was, I'm quite sure I was using KDE 3.5.1
packagers version compiled with GCC 4.1 without problems before, with also
-Bdirect being used (and disabling it doesn't help anyway).

Now a part the annoying amount of output it wouldn't be a problem, if only,
after starting it from KDevelop, I wouldn't get "The process for the file
protocol died unexpectedly" error, and then the KDirOperator fails to work.
To get it working again I have to delete sycoca's database and rerun it.

Has someone seen something like that before?

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE