[Kde-bindings] Lua bindings

Ariel Manzur puntob at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:11:30 UTC 2006

Hi..

I'm interested in aplying for a 'summer of code' project. I maintain
lua_qt (http://www.codenix.com/~tolua/lua_qt), which is a set of qt4
bindings for the Lua scripting language, so my idea was to produce
bindings for a subset of the kde API, to allow qt applications
'integrate' well with kde (like using DCOP, session management, global
configuration things, using the 'parts' (I know about the 'kate part',
I assume there's a 'konqueror part' and a 'kde media player part')).
Obviously the actual work of generating the binding code is easy (once
we get a 'clean' api we use a code generator), but there would have to
be a lot of testing, so I thought I'd start with the most important
parts, and move on to the rest of the api after that.

I was wondering if there's interest in this (I've seen that there are
other methods of generating bindings used in kde at the moment), and
also what would be the best way to get help defining this initial api.

Thanks.

Ariel.