[Kde-bindings] Qt4, Smoke + C# status?

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 12:36:09 UTC 2006

Hi Simon

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:16, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just wondering what the status of the smoke library is on Qt4, and also
> the C#/CLR bindings. Are there any plans? IS anyone playing in this area at
> the moment? (Richard?)
The smoke library works fine with Qt4, and the Qt4 version of QtRuby is
progressing well. I've just recently ported Smoke and QtRuby to Windows, so
there will be a Windows binary gem as part of the next release (in about 2
weeks maybe).

I haven't done anything with the Qyoto/Kimono smoke based C# bindings for a
while, but I'm still very keen on finishing it. I don't think it's worth
doing anything more with the Qt3 version now, and the project should focus on
Qt4/KDE 4. I think it would be a really good Google Summer of Code project
and I was going to suggest to Arno Rehn, who has helped with Qyoto, that he
might apply if he's interested.