[Kde-bindings] Common work for Qt4 bindings

Marcus mathpup at mylinuxisp.com
Sat Sep 10 04:11:51 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 9:18 pm, Eric Jardim wrote:
> I know that exists a c++ parsers called "gccxml" but it is not a complete
> parser (it does not read templates). But maybe it is a start:
> http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Index.html

That is not entirely correct. GCCXML does not handle uninstantiated templates.
Instantiated templates do appear in the output. GCCXML uses GCC for its
parsing, so it is capable of parsing anything GCC can. It is just that
uninstantiated templates are not handled by the part that analyzes the parsed
code and produces the XML.

I have written an app that reads in GCCXML input and represents the various
C++ declarations as objects and such. It does not yet handle templates. I
have not looked at this in a few months. It is written in C#, which seems to
be hated by anyone who deals with KDE, however.