[Kde-bindings] Qyoto gets better...

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon Nov 28 21:25:35 UTC 2005

Am Montag, 28. November 2005 13:44 schrieb Arno Rehn:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, with the last update there's some progress. Now I don't get some Index
> out of range error anymore, but it still doesn't work:
>
> Invoke() MethodName: NewQApplication Type: Qt.QApplication, hello,
> Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null ArgCount: 2
> FindMethod() className: QApplication MethodName: QApplication$?
>                 In FindMethodId QApplication::QApplication$? => 146
> FindMethod() MethodName: QApplication$? result: 154
>         ArgName: argc Arg: 0 Type: System.Int32		//hmm... Arg:0 I think,
> the path to the executable is already an argument ?!
>
>         ArgName: argv Arg: System.String[] Type: System.String[]
> In CallMethod methodId: 154 target: 0x00000003 items: 2
> In CallMethod 0		// seems not to be right
> In CallMethod classId: 123
> result 999		// was not correctly called
>
> Invoke() MethodName: NewQDialog Type: Qt.QDialog, hello, Version=0.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null ArgCount: 0
> FindMethod() className: QDialog MethodName: QDialog
>                 In FindMethodId QDialog::QDialog => 2022
> FindMethod() MethodName: QDialog result: 2144
> In CallMethod methodId: 2144 target: 0x00000003 items: 0
> In CallMethod 137193560
> In CallMethod classId: 123
> result 999
> // this is called properly, but with no proper initialization of a
> QApplication it doesn't run.
>

> I modified the QApplication-Constructor to pass the Proxy an argc with a
> "Length + 1". Then the output says "ArgName: argc Arg: 1 Type:
> System.Int32" and "In CallMethod 1" instead of "In CallMethod 0". This
> seems to be better, but not good.

I think I have to take a look in the source-code before I say something here.
The "result 999" has to do nothing with the execution of a method, that is
hardcoded into the libqyoto.so. But why is the mehtod not successfully called
when there's more than one argument? I'll have a closer look at the Qt.cpp
from qtruby. Maybe that helps a bit.
--
MfG
Arno Rehn