[Kde-bindings] Qt3 Kimono version

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 17:54:07 UTC 2005

On 11/23/05, Arno Rehn <kde-bindings at arnorehn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile the Mono-bindings for Qt3 (called "Kimono"), but there
are
> some errors. I was encouraged to post them here - let's start with the first
> errors I encountered:
>
> #1:
> after the line "protected Object _interceptor = null;" Kalyptus always adds
> opening bracket "{", that shouldn't be there.
I'd fixed that in the trunk version of the Kimono code generation, but
not in the KDE/3.5 branch version. I've fixed that now.

> #2:
> Some classes are simply not generated (like QPtrListIterator)
That's correct, classes like this should be marshalled to ArrayLists
and not appear in the C# api.

> #3:
> There seems to be a problem with operator-overloading, e.g. with the lines
>         public static QListViewItemIterator operator++(QListViewItemIterator
lhs) {
>                 return StaticQListViewItemIterator().op_incr(lhs);
>         }
>         public static QListViewItemIterator operator++(QListViewItemIterator
lhs, int
> arg1) {
>                 return StaticQListViewItemIterator().op_incr(lhs,arg1);
>         }
>
> I get some "CS1020: Overloadable binary operator expected" errors. Seems
like
> this isn't a error of Kalyptus - looks like a problem with C#. I dont't know
> much about this operator-overloading and cannot think of a possible fix.
> Currently I just commented them out.
The ways in which you can use operator overloading are more restricted
in C# than C++, so the code generation does its best to map them onto
C#, but it doesn't always work. I don't think you can have static
overloaded methods in C# for instance, and so it would be best to
suppress the generation of them.