[Kde-bindings] FYI: Bindings for SPL available

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Mon Nov 7 17:45:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

just FYI: the SMOKE bindings for SPL are kind-of finished now. (I will
pretty sure further improve it, but it is possible to write real
applications with it as it is right now.)

The documentation is online and can be found in the SPL reference manual:

	http://www.clifford.at/spl/spldoc/qt.html
	http://www.clifford.at/spl/manual.pdf

I've also wrote some nice examples and even made a screenshot of one of
them:

	http://www.clifford.at/spl/splqtdemo.png
	http://svn.clifford.at/spl/trunk/qtdemo/qtdemo003.spl
	http://svn.clifford.at/spl/trunk/qtdemo/qtdemo003.ui

Please let me know if you feel like there is anything important missing in
this binding.

You might notice that I have not added support for deriving SPL classes
from Qt classes yet. Instead I have implemented two builtin functions

	builtin qt_event_callback(object, callback, @eventtypes);
	builtin qt_signal_callback(object, signalspec, callback);

Which can be used to install event filters or to connect SPL functions to
Qt signals.

It looks like with this two functions, support for deriving SPL classes
from Qt classes isn't absolutely neccessary anymore. However: I still have
it on my TODO list.

A bit more information on SPL can be found on the homepage:

	http://www.clifford.at/spl/

Happy Hacking!

yours,
 - clifford

--
SSSS PPPP L     The SPL Programming Language
S    P  P L     http://www.clifford.at/spl/