[Kde-bindings] KOffice Scripting for KDE4 (Was Re: Moving kross(kexi/scriptingcore) in libs)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 4 10:42:01 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 10:33, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 November 2005 22:19, Adam Treat wrote:
> >> I would just like to point out that from discussions with the Ian,
> >> Aaron, Matt, and Ryan at OSDW, I think the future of scripting in KDE4
> >> might follow a different path...
>
> Well, coolo posted some short infos about the (for me hidden) discussion at
> malaga at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=112524270027657&w=2

I missed that -- probably network problems -- but the point about being able
to reuse existing stuff outside KDE/Qt from a script running inside a KDE
application is _very_ important. And I must admit to being impressed by UNO a
lot, too. UNO goes way beyond dcop or dbus.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi