[Kde-bindings] XPath is my friend

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 22:32:50 UTC 2005

--- Richard Dale <Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I would rather write it in ruby, but then I don't know much about
> stylesheets
> and they might be more suitable than I thought. The code generation
> can be
> modeled on the '-fkimono' option in kalyptus anyway, I've certainly
> worked
> out how to model a C# api in proxies quite well.

Well, there will be some sort of dividing-line between stylesheeted and
processed (via ruby/perl/etc) code. I don't know where that line is,
yet. I do know that the moc4 datastructures can't be generated by xslt.
It doesn't necessarily need to be generated at compile-time, either.
Whatever MetaMetaObject class we implement could be fed data from the
internal XML, if someone's ever masochistic enough to implement it that
way.

Good news: I tried my -fdump parser with gcc4, and with a small patch
to GCC::TranslationUnit it still works.

Ashley Winters