[Kde-bindings] KDE4 Smoke ideas

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 10:41:13 UTC 2005

On Friday 10 June 2005 10:46, Richard Dale wrote:
> I like the idea of having a signal connected to itself as a slot, which you
> disconnect and connect instead to the method in the scripting language to
> override. At the moment, the ruby bindings use a 'respond_to?' test to see
> if a virtual method has been overriden at runtime. But in ruby you can
> implement hook methods which are called whenever a method is added to a
> class or an instance. That could mean that we could intercept in the hook,
> and if virtual methods are overriden, do the disconnect/reconnect there.
Actually, I'm wrong here, although for a method overriden by an individual
instance the above is correct. But for methods overriden in a class, the
virtual method connections would need to be done in the constructor of a
specific instance, by checking which methods had been defined in ruby and
disconnecting/reconnecting only those.